How to Apply to Campbell Elementary School
All Arlington children may attend Campbell. However, students from the Abingdon, Barcroft, Carlin Springs, Henry, Hoffman-Boston, Oakridge and Randolph school areas have preferred eligibility and may have transportation provided. Students in the VPI and Montessori preschool programs located at Campbell have the option to remain at Campbell without having to enter the kindergarten lottery.
Admission to Campbell Elementary School will be offered to families in the following order:
- Current VPI and Montessori preschool students moving up to Kindergarten
- Siblings of older students who will be concurrently attending Campbell
- Students from South Arlington feeder schools who are projected to be at 95% of capacity or above
- Students from other South Arlington feeder schools, regardless of enrollment projections; and
- Other students residing in North Arlington (transportation not provided)
Students not selected via the lottery or who apply after the lottery deadline will be added to a Wait List. Twins, although admitted as two, will be treated as one in the selection process.
Please call the school for more information about the process and our scheduled orientation sessions. All Arlington elementary schools schedule formal orientations to enable families to visit the schools, meet the principals, tour the buildings, see the schools “in action” and get a general sense of the personalities of each of the schools.
- Visit the home/neighborhood school for a tour
- Attend a Campbell orientation/tour
- Submit the application to the Campbell School office
Any questions? Please call Campbell at 703-228-6770